Sunday, December 21, 2008

Changing Cultures

I woke up thinking about how many of us are trapped in a lifestyle that is not conducive to our wellbeing, or our soul's desire. When I look at it, I see that one of the reasons is "business." As I mention in my book, IGNITING CHANGE, we have followed a course that was dictated by the industrial revolution. Granted, we needed jobs and industry provided that. But do we need 60 hours of work a week?

The question is, how do we change course? How do we turn this ship around now that we are fully caught up in the trappings? Surprisingly, this current economic "crisis" is providing some guidance. I work in retail and what I'm hearing many people say they're cutting back. By reducing our dependence on "things", we begin a process of having more options. As the opportunity to incur debt diminishes, and the need to live within our means increases, we begin to come back into alignment with reality. This is the first step toward change - come into the NOW. Get in touch with what's real!

THIS is why these are exciting times. A tremendous opportunity is presenting itself on a collective level. If we choose, we can change.

No comments: